Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Problems with Nellies Holiday Outfit

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2005
    Posts
    569
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This just arrived today. The dress is lovely, stocking super, and the shoes absolutely precious... so what's my beef?

    Well, The hair bow is just plain TERRIBLE!! I thought it was going to be a predone bow with a hair clip... but no... its a predone bow that has been attached to a human sized hair scrunchie. Unless I pull Nellie's hair back in a pony tail (which isn't really possible) This is not going to lay on her head correctly. I am SOOO disappointed. I am going to have to go to Hobby Lobby and find a christmas ribbon that will match her outfit. What a bummer.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't like the hairbow either - not because of the scruncie thing but because it's a velour-type fabric that reminds me of upholstery. I've always meant to go buy a nice red ribbon, but never got around to it.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member samfan123's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is horrible. I was just about to come on the board for some motivation to place and order. This item is part of it.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, the dress is absolutely gorgeous - it's one of my favorite in the Samantha/Nellie collection. It looks so festive, and the shoes are cute, too - not the run-of-the-mill Mary Janes. I recommend the outfit. And you might like the bow. If not, you can follow my lead and go to a fabric or craft store and get a satin one. But if you're a Samantha fan (and I assume you are given your name), this outfit is a must-have. I would give it 4 stars out of 5.

    And speaking of bows for Samantha and Nellie, we use DD's "little girl bows" for her. They are the perfect size and attach easily with their built-in clippie. These are not the baby bows that kids first wear, or the huge bows 4- and 5-year-olds wear, but a middle size and are available in the girls' section of most stores. The proportions seem about right for Victorian girls.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2005
    Posts
    569
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do not be discouraged to buy the dress... it is stunning... and I was skeptical based on the pics... but pictures just can't do this dress justice... I love it... and I love the feel of the fabrics!

    I was just upset with the hair bow because I love hair ribbons in my dolls hair! But its a super easy fix... one that can be done under a buck.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •